I’m Not Sorry

May 31, 2013

Post image for I’m Not Sorry

IMG_3273IMG_3280IMG_3272IMG_3286IMG_3292Wearing: Nasty Gal x UNIF I’m Not Sorry Muscle Tee (Sold out, I AM sorry :S) | American Apparel Corduroy Circle Skirt in Camel | Jeffrey CampbellThomb‘ Cutout Boot (Also sold out!)

View the illustration larger on my sketch blog.

So, the blog is back with a new name! If you guys have been following for a while, you’ll know that a new layout is a huge thing for me and is just as important as content. I make it a point to make a fresh design each year for my blog’s anniversary and this year I’m pleased to bring you PARALLAX SCROLLING (the little shapes on the sides) which was awful to figure out but once I got it working I was like, “This is too cool.” (“…I’m too cool.”)

I also want to incorporate illustration into the blog some more so I’ll be illustrating outfits! I’m really excited to do so and I feel like using myself as a test subject will get myself to try out lots of more new things since I won’t be afraid to draw myself badly hahaha.

Anyway, I have a couple of things in this outfit that, while new, are sold out from Nasty Gal where I got them from, yikes! I ordered them 4 months ago to my house and for those of you that don’t know, I spent last semester studying in London so I had to wait a while to see ’em. Totally worth the wait though. The rest of the stuff will be shown to you in a video soon! :)

Looking forward to getting back in touch with all of you! School and travels made me neglect the blog and in this case, I am very, very sorry. Hope you all understand!

Jenmarie May 31, 2013 at 5:47 pm

Love the new name and layout! So excited to see you around more often!

P.S. Love the sketch!!

Melanie May 31, 2013 at 10:31 pm

Thank you, Jen! I’m excited to be back in the swing of things :)

Kailey June 1, 2013 at 10:36 am

LOVE LOVE LOVE! So excited for your new layout and name and the illustration you included is phenomenal – can’t wait to see more of your wonderful art! <3

Melanie June 5, 2013 at 12:26 am

Thank you, Kailey! Glad you think so! I’m hoping to post at least one outfit illustration per week so keep your eyes open for ’em :)

karolina August 28, 2013 at 12:54 pm

hey sweetie!! i have a question : does cutout thomb boot fit true to size?
thanks xx

Melanie August 28, 2013 at 6:33 pm

Hi Karolina! Yes, it does. I’m a small 9 and it’s a little roomy, but I find it a perfect comfortable fit. It also needs to be broken in in the back…I had terrible blisters from the top of the back of the boot. Hope this helps :)

Alissa Obonou February 21, 2014 at 1:57 pm

Please tell me how you got your hair like this. I have the same, but dont know how to handle it :/

Melanie April 15, 2014 at 1:41 pm

Hi Alissa, thank you for your question! I actually don’t take too great a care of my hair. I condition it almost daily, use shampoo only between styling is straight and curly, and I apply mousse while my hair is still wet. Then I blow-dry with a diffuser attachment. Hope this helps!