Christmas on my nails!

December 24, 2011

Post image for Christmas on my nails!

Just showing you guys how I decked out my nails for the holiday! I recently ordered some Essie nail polishes from Amazon since its super cheap (4 bottles for $15 plus $5 to ship!) and they all came this morning.

Essie’s “Walk Down the Aisle” is a suuuuper sheer ivory that I probably should have looked up swatches for before buying. In order to get it as opaque as I’d like, it took me an unfortunate 6 layers. Once on, though, it’s the perfect warm white! It’s still a little sheer, but its definitely do-able like this.

As for the gold confetti, I’m using American Apparel’s “Meteor Shower.” It is basically the table-top confetti that you use at parties. I really love how it looks, but the glitter took lots of manipulation. Regardless, it still makes for a beautiful eye-catching look that I can wear even beyond the holiday season :) the chunks are various sizes so you kinda have to balance out a nice small-to-large piece ratio.

What are your holiday nails like? Or am I the only fool who plans these things out? Haha.

Also, I just got an iPhone 4s! I’m completely hooked. I took this photo from it and I quite like this camera. I’m making this post from it, too. Never thought I’d be an Apple girl, but they got me!

gina! December 24, 2011 at 11:15 pm

This is what I have for this Christmas :)

Last year I water marbled my nails to look like candy canes and it came out nice, but took sooooo long! I’ve gotten better with practice though.

Hope you’re having a lovely holiday! ?

Melanie December 25, 2011 at 9:54 am

Haha, you have the same thing? How funny!

I bet that turned out so cute! Candy canes are such a good idea :) water marbling is so messy but definitely worth it!

Hope you’re having a Merry Christmas, too, Gina! Thanks for stopping by!

Gina December 26, 2011 at 10:24 pm

Well …I *tried* posting a picture but apparently that didn’t work :/ the first line of my first comment was supposed to be the pictures caption if I would’ve posted haha

Melanie December 27, 2011 at 1:06 am

Lol! I didn’t even notice that first line was hanging. Oh well, haha. Did you post it to Tumblr?

natalie December 24, 2011 at 11:52 pm

omg i LOVE this combo and you have to download the instagram app!

Melanie December 25, 2011 at 9:56 am

Thank you! I’m so happy with this combo. And, haha, I’m already on it! I’m obsessedddd. Follow me if you’d like? Melaniepatterson_

Elizabeth Gonzalez December 25, 2011 at 8:23 am

Super cool, love them, love the pic with the Christmas tree in the background. =] Merry Christmas!

Melanie December 25, 2011 at 9:58 am

Hi Eli! Thank you very much :) and thanks for stopping by! Merry Christmas to you, too!

Kelly December 25, 2011 at 3:09 pm

Love love the nails!! :) I have glitter on my nails too, I love the glitter on nails trends right now! <3 Merry Christmas Melanie! :)

Melanie December 26, 2011 at 9:08 pm

Thank you Kelly! I’ve had almost all solid nail polishes since I restarted my collection, but I’m so happy glitter top coats exist to reinvent all the polishes I already have. Merry Christmas to you, too! I hope your day was beautiful! :)

Jenmarie December 27, 2011 at 7:23 pm

Ohh, so pretty! I love how unique looking the glitter polish is!

Melanie December 27, 2011 at 11:02 pm

Thank you :) its definitely my favorite glitter because I feel there aren’t many out there like it!

Ali January 24, 2012 at 4:32 pm

cute!
do they still have the glitter? i’ve been looking for something similar, and so i tried opi.
where did you get the nail polish for so cheap! do you think you could link the store here? i’ve been dying to find some discount nail polish. i’ve spent about $200 on nail polish alone during 2012 ! (I organize my nail polish by year i go them)

Melanie January 24, 2012 at 6:30 pm

Thank you!!
AA still carries the glitter :) I just bought a new one from them today, actually!
I found this store on Amazon called Pink Nails. You can find them here. I know your pain! You’ll spend far less with this store, and basically any other one on Amazon, as long as you do your research! Hahaha.