So I didn’t get to see the shoes today.

August 14, 2010

But no big deal, I can probably get a look tomorrow. I don’t have a car, and I’m not comfortable with driving my mom’s car too far, so she’ll probably take me to JCPenney after church tomorrow.

Since I’ve got nothing clothes-related to share with you guys, I’ve got photos– my own photos! Last summer, I started venturing into fashion photography. It’s not something I’d like to make a career out of, but it’s fun to do no matter how time consuming it is. I set up about 6 models that were my promo shots to start up photography as a business, but ended up not being able to go forth with the plan after getting busy with college admissions and AP courses. Without further ado, here are some photos from a few different shoots! :)

I actually have 2 paid shoots planned for before I leave, so I hope to have new photos to show you guys! Also, once I’m in Providence, I’m hoping that the change of scenery will provide tons of inspiration and I’ll have all sorts of new ideas that will be busting to get out. And, I’ll have Camille, who I can easily become best friends with. She is my Miami fashionista companion who is coincidentally moving down the street from me (coincidental, because we found each other through Chictopia and have yet to meet, although we have friends in common). I can’t wait! :)

Jen August 14, 2010 at 9:55 pm

WOW! You took these? Girl, these are honestly so professional and amazing looking. I'm so impressed. My favorite is the one where your model is looking out the window. It's enchanting!

Under the Fluorescents August 14, 2010 at 10:34 pm

i love the second one! You are really talented, please continue!

Tessa Zeng August 15, 2010 at 4:31 am

I Love the colors in that first shot- you have a great eye! And the last one is stunning, too. I think your most successful photos blend eclectic and classic flavors in a way that is really quite charming. Congrats & good luck on those paid shoots.

And Providence?? You wouldn't by any chance be going to RISD, would you? :D I'll be a junior there in the fall.

Melanie Alexandra August 15, 2010 at 6:19 am

@Jen: Thankyou! I actually had you in mind when I posted that one. I figured you'd like it for some reason, lol.

@Under the Fluorescents: Thanks for the kind words! I plan to for now :)

@Tessa Zeng: Thaaanks! :) It's so refreshing to see someone break down my own photos every now and again. & Haha, yes, I am going to RISD! I can tell you do since you speak like a true artist. Find me on Facebook, Melanie Patterson. I might find you first, though, lol.

Casee Marie August 15, 2010 at 10:35 pm

I hope you get to pursue the photography because these shots are all amazing. I love the third one especially. It looks straight out of a magazine.

And it's ridiculously cool that you're moving to Rhode Island. I'm kind of jealous; I've always wanted to live there. :)

Melanie Alexandra August 16, 2010 at 7:50 am

Thanks Casee :) Means a lot! Photography is more of a hobby, but I would like to keep it around for as long as possible.

Haha, it's for school, so I'm going to be there in the dead of Winter, which I'm a bit afraid of. No need to be jealous!

Kelly August 16, 2010 at 11:58 pm

These are great!! Your really talented in fashion photography, keep it up!!

<3 Kelly

Kelly Valentine August 17, 2010 at 8:44 pm

That first photo is stunning!! Love the colors in it…you are very talented my dear!!

xxo Kelly
Glamourous Spirit

Melanie Alexandra August 18, 2010 at 3:59 am

@Kelly: Thank you! I'll try my best :)

@Kelly Valentine: Thank you so much! The colors make that one a favorite of mine, as well.