The Queen

December 23, 2012

Post image for The Queen

Melody Ehsani Queen of the Jungle Necklace and heart clutch, H&M Velvet Dress, Jeffrey Campbell TardyMelody Ehsani Queen of the Jungle Necklace and heart clutch, H&M Velvet Dress, Jeffrey Campbell TardyMelody Ehsani Queen of the Jungle Necklace and heart clutch, H&M Velvet Dress, Jeffrey Campbell TardyWearing: H&M Crushed Velvet Long Sleeve Dress | Melody Ehsani Queen of the Jungle Necklace | Mata Hari x Melody Ehsani Heart Clutch in nude (in black) | Jeffrey Campbell Tardy boots in black

After months of indecision, I finally purchased the Melody Ehsani Queen of the Jungle necklace. It was one of my Black Friday purchases and it took forever to ship so I only just got it a couple days back.

I wore this outfit out last night where I got to dance for hours with a handful of longtime friends. It was so great! I wanted to keep my usual edgy edge of the spectrum so I chose this black crushed velvet dress from H&M. I dressed it up with my gold jewelry and threw on my Tardy boots. The hardware on my shoes is silver, but sometimes I wish it had gold accents instead though. Is anyone else hardware-OCD like me? Haha.

Anyway, I’ll get better photos of the Queen of the Jungle necklace soon. I’ve been wearing is as much as I possibly could so you’ll be seeing a lot of it :) I’m also experimenting with night photos so bear with me while I get the hang of it!

Ria December 23, 2012 at 9:54 pm

Stylin’ babe. One day I’ll pick up the Tardy boots too, I’m just really over clunky shoes at the moment. You’ve definitely made me want that necklace more though. I’m totally OCD about my hardware. Sometimes I can’t wear certain things because of it and it’s so frustrating.

Melanie December 27, 2012 at 12:02 am

Thank you <3 I don't know if I'll ever get over chunky heels. It's been an on-going thing for several years and it's not letting up. But we'll see ;) Get the necklace, though! It's such a great statement piece. I don't wear a lot of jewelery and by itself it can make an outfit. If they had it in silver, I'd have to cave and get it. I totally get you about the hardware frustration.

Niani Tolbert December 27, 2012 at 2:07 pm

Love the clutch (obviously), and I actually got a Melody Ehsani ID chain in the mail too haha. I’ve been crushing the Tardy’s for a while but I ended up spending the money I saved up on the Teramos I have. They’re still a necessity. *sigh. I love the crushed velvet dress and the details picture looks dope! Wait, I think I just complimented every piece. I’m going to need to check out your closet haha

Melanie January 18, 2013 at 2:54 pm

The Tardy’s are soooo necessary! They’re just so hard to find these days. You might have to turn to eBay if you want them, but I’ve seen them floating around in denim with studs and in navy velvet. Still cute :) And hahaha, thank you <3

Sara January 7, 2013 at 2:45 pm

I really love this look and the photos ?

Melanie January 18, 2013 at 2:59 pm