Le Pretty Stellar Illustration

August 4, 2012

Post image for Le Pretty Stellar Illustration

I finally did another illustration! This time, I was compelled to work entirely digitally, which is something I used to do HOURS a day for years when I was younger. It’s crazy how I used to be so digitally oriented and hated traditional media. Now I just love the hands on feeling of painting traditionally–something I could never imagine myself saying 6 years ago or so. This was kind of a test to see how I prefer working, and I’m really thinking I need to be doing mixed media.

Anyway, this is a fashion sketch of another Miami blogger, Joselin Reyes, of Le Pretty Stellar. I saw her post featuring a MotelRocksTabbi‘ crop top and the MINKPINKSlasher Flick‘ shorts which is basically the outfit of my dreams, haha. You probably already know how much I love Motel, and I’ve been seeing the Slasher shorts on so many other bloggers that they’re certainly growing on me. I chose to work off of this outfit of hers because I was just drawn to the bright colors. The tie-dye was probably the most fun to illustrate (and the quickest…typical :/).

Drawing seriously puts me in a great mood. I can’t wait to do more of these this week. I’ll be keeping with the Miami theme for now, so who knows…you might be next! Check out my other illustration of beauty Ria Michelle.

Young, Wilde & Free August 4, 2012 at 5:21 pm

This is amazing, saw a graphic tablet today,may cop. Trying to work on my design skillzzzzz.

X

Ria August 5, 2012 at 10:00 pm

Awww my girl! This looks great too! Love the colors.

Melanie August 7, 2012 at 5:14 am

Thank you, Ria! :)

joselin August 6, 2012 at 12:55 am

HONEY you know this rules !!! like i can’t believe it!!! I loved this outfit but now i love it even more and it’s SO MUCH MORE SPECIAL, thanks to you!!! seriously though, thank you!! <3

Melanie August 7, 2012 at 5:14 am

Thank you Joselin! I am so, so happy you loved it so much! You’re very, very welcome beautiful!

Kailey August 6, 2012 at 7:21 am

Oooh my goodness, I can’t wrap my head around how incredible this is – wonderful work! *_*

Jenmarie August 7, 2012 at 12:58 am

I am so impressed. Seriously. I can’t find any other words. You’re just amazing!

Melanie August 7, 2012 at 5:10 am

Awww, Jen! Your words mean so much to me! I promise you this isn’t even anywhere near representative of my artistic ability. I don’t deserve that kind of reaction! You’re too nice <3

Oh to Be a Muse August 8, 2012 at 6:30 pm

Your illustrations are on point! They look just like these bloggers. I found your blog via my friend Ria Michelle. Loved the illustration you did on her as well.

Just wanted to stop by and say you have a great blog here and you’re very talented. I would love to get illustrated some time!

Melanie August 9, 2012 at 10:49 am

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! I really pushed myself on likeness otherwise, well, there’d be no point :) Haha.

Thanks for stopping by! I’m drawing a lot more lately so we’ll see which blogs my illustrations take me! xo

Ana August 9, 2012 at 7:18 am

Aaand… I just kept clicking through your art section (NEEDS MOAR).

I just went “wait, this is digital?” The texture seems just like aquarelle paper!

I love the way the top has been illustrated – no wonder it was the most fun to do!

Melanie August 9, 2012 at 11:04 am

Haha, I know, I know. I struggled with artistic confidence prior to posting just a few weeks ago. I’m finally ready to post art regularly though :)

Textures are amazing. Integrating them with Photoshop can seriously step up basically anything–illustrations, photography, even just plain sketches.

Thank you so, so much! :) It was a matter of copying the mood of the top rather than an exact copy and I’d like to think it’s pretty effective.