With Fall coming up, I decided to throw together a post regarding stylish bottoms to wear in the fall. From basics to statement-making pieces, this list covers what’s currently on trend to some of what a “complete” closet should have. I thought about making this list last week, and then Courtney of The Style Playlist/DirtyLittleStyleWhoree also did the same! Check her post out here.
1. Riding Pant – The Riding Pant is one of my favorite pants to wear because they’re essentially a dressier legging. I only own one pair of actual leggings (and they’re shiny! haha) so these take their place in my outfits. Pair these with loose or fitted crop tops, chiffon button downs, long t-shirts, or tucked in tops. They’re extremely versatile, as are most the things on this list. These are from American Apparel, however I found the ‘Black’ and ‘Village Green’ pairs at the same consignment store in RI on two separate occasions for $22/each. I got the ‘Safari Brown’ shade from American Apparel RI for free before they closed, since they had a little hole in them. 3 pairs for $44 bucks. Deal? Yes.
2. Easy Jean – The Easy Jean from American Apparel are by far the best jeans I’ve ever experienced. Last year’s first issue of the jeans weren’t too impressive, but I decide to keep my pair (all the way to the right). They fit well and were flattering, so there was no need to return them. The current issue is made out of a much better, thicker material and they suck you in really well! They’re exactly the same cut as the Disco Pant (down below!) and were originally called the Disco Jean. There’s some AA trivia for ya. (FTC Disclosure: The black, light wash, and lapis pairs were sent to me by American Apparel and my opinions are my own!)
3. Circle skirts – Okay, so you can find circle skirts at several places at the moment, but my pairs are all American Apparel (I’m sure you saw that coming.) I first bought the corduroy skirt in camel and I loved pairing it with basically anything. I did find the camel color to be sometimes hindering, so when the denim skirt came out, I bought the dark wash, and then the light wash pretty recently. Wear with bodysuits, crop tops, t-shirts, sweaters. Anything.
4. Disco Pant – These pants are so amazing. They’re flattering on every body type. They’re also fairly thick and can keep you warm in cooler months! These can also be paired with anything and everything. I only own the black pair, but they come in a whole range of basic colors (grey, navy) as well as some louder ones (red, fuscia, etc.)!
5. Resin-Coated Jeans – I absolutely love the look of Resin-coated jeans since they resemble leather pants (I have yet to find a nice, affordable pair). I was thinking about making my own but my aunt surprised me with this Zara pair that she brought from England (they still even smell like her signature Burberry Brit!). I love how these look with knit pullover sweaters, beanies, and ankle boots.
6. Statement Jeans – Okay, so I decided I had enough basic jeans where I can finally invest in some bold printed pants. I’ve already expressed my love for Motel Rocks, and these 2 jeans are no exception! The Motel Jordan jean is so comfortable and fits very nicely. I initially bought the black/white stripe pair, and had been eyeing the baroque pair for such a long time.
I hope you guys enjoy this post! I want to make more posts like these in the future so look out for them! I also tried to make it visually pretty so it’s nice to look at, too :)