Ode to Summer Pt. 1

January 22, 2012

Post image for Ode to Summer Pt. 1

Just thought I’d highlight my ridiculous summer outfit while it’s only 28 degrees outside. I’m obviously not going out in this today, but I’m just dying to wear outfits like this right now. I miss my Miami weather so much! Once snow comes into the equation with a Florida girl…it’s really cool at first. Then, you know…it just gets old. There’s been snow for less than a week and I’m already over it! Haha.

Just a quick outfit post for the day. This semester is a little busy, despite being in only 2 classes. My job has been pretty demanding (in the best way possible) and I’m trying to be a Resident Assistant. (I just made it to the second interview! Wish me luck!) Life is so good right now and I’m really pretty happy! I have 3 two-page papers to do so I need to get started ASAP. Sorry to put blogging on the back burner, but I hope you understand!

Wearing: Miami Heat tee (taken from my sister’s closet), AA high-waisted shorts (which just came out in a new wash that I’m crazy about!), and black Doc Martens.

Nnenna January 22, 2012 at 2:50 pm

I feel exactly the same way about the snow! I was just telling my roommate the other day that I am so over winter and the cold! haha Also, good luck with your RA interview! My sister is currently in the process of applying to be an RA at her school so I’ve been helping her with her application :)

Melanie January 23, 2012 at 4:20 pm

Hahaha! I know, I just want the warmth to be back!!

Thank you so much! I really hope to be an RA. It’s my dream, hahahaha.

Melly January 22, 2012 at 3:00 pm

yeah I was in seattle for about four days, left just as the blizzard was hitting and I’m already done with snow
good to be back in my 60 degree california winter weather–well actually our winters are usually 40-50 so this warm weather isn’t so usual for norcal…not that I mind!

you looks so cute and summery! need to get me some doc martens, I wore a friends the other day and they just were meant for my feet clearly

Melanie January 23, 2012 at 4:18 pm

Ayyyyy, why would you even go to Seattle? Too Winter for me, hahah. I’m jealous of your weather :((

Gracias chicaaaa! They’re so good! Get on it…they’re definitely worth it :)

Melly January 23, 2012 at 7:57 pm

hahah I went only to visit a friend at school because I’m A GOOD PERSON
would totally go visit you at school too if you were west coast (I was only able to go to seattle cause I could go there by car/had a friend split gas with me)

Melanie January 24, 2012 at 6:36 pm

Hahahaha, fine, fine. Visit me and split airfare with someone! ;)

Kelly January 23, 2012 at 9:01 pm

I feel you, I want summer!! This freezing cold is killing me, it makes me not want to do anything!! I’m glad your having an amazing year so far! Good luck how you become an RA! You should check out the youtube vid of Sh*t RA’s Say! lol, its hilarious.

Melanie January 24, 2012 at 6:37 pm

Ughhh, yeah! I don’t leave my room or my dorm building, hahahaha. Thank you so much Kelly! I hope all is well for you, too! And I’ll definitely check it out, hahahaha. I’m sure it’s so good. I’ll share it with my school’s Residence Life Office, lol.