Viva Vena Fall 2010

September 5, 2010

Vena Cava‘s Viva Vena Fall 2010 line.

I’m totally loving all the knits from Viva Vena for Fall 2010. I invested in so many basics this season and I feel like I was subconsciously gravitating towards the looks here. I think this is what I’ll be about this Fall. I don’t like to dress down– EVER!– so this would be a great alternative to a comfy college lifestyle. My favorite look is definitely the last, but I’m also digging the raglan with the mini skirt look, and I definitely have comparable pieces to put together in order to emulate it. What do you guys think about this lookbook?

Also, I’ve been thinking about moving to WordPress over the past month or so. V’s recommendation over a Grit & Glamour definitely pushed it up as a priority, but I’m still not sure. I have had a WordPress account for over a year (I started there under the same name before I made my final decision to Blogger) and I think I’m gonna test it out and see. It’s so convenient and so easy to integrate with so many things. I feel kinda torn about it, lol. Have you considered WordPress?

Under the Fluorescents September 5, 2010 at 5:54 pm

i'm so excited! I hope that it is pretty reasonably priced!

Casee Marie September 6, 2010 at 3:58 am

Love it, but of course I have a crazy addiction to monochromatic fashion. It's probably perfect for a college budget because it's about making a statement with minimalist style, you know? Doing more with less?

Jen started SHE on Wordpress but we moved over to Blogger relatively quickly. Blogger won my vote because of the popularity. A lot of "celebrity bloggers" – Style Rookie, The Blonde Salad, Chicmuse and Style Scrapbook, for example – all use it so as someone who really didn't know much about the blogging world it seemed like a no-brainer to me. I'm not sure why it gets a bad rap..? We haven't been using it for very long, but I've never had a problem with it. (:

Briana Le & Merissa Ren September 6, 2010 at 5:06 pm

i love the prints!

xxmerissa
merbri.blogspot.com

Briana Le & Merissa Ren September 6, 2010 at 5:06 pm

i love the prints!

xxmerissa
merbri.blogspot.com

Jen September 6, 2010 at 6:18 pm

Cute! I love the patterns on the outfits!

As Casee mentioned we started out on Wordpress, but we very quickly switched to blogger. I TRULY believe the switch helped us to grow in all areas and gain followers instantly. I think overall it's a better community for the blogging world. With that said, there are great things about Wordpress as far as the unlimited pages and gadgets go. I know there are successful blogs who are on Wordpress, but it seems like most people have blogger accounts.

Melanie Alexandra September 7, 2010 at 3:38 am

@Under the Fluorescents: It's a little too much for my liking, but they aren't too bad! Just google them and they pop up :)

@Casee: Haha, that's how I feel! I mean, I don't exactly have the most room in my tiny dorm, so it's awesome to know I don't need a huge variety to look good.

And yeah, I don't have a problem either, but I just love how easily the extras are integrated. There's so much more they can do. But I think I've decided that I'll stay here :) For now, at least!

@Merissa: I know! Aren't they great?

@Jen: Me, too! They look like spiderwebs, which now I'm pretty sure that's what they are.

Yeah, good point. Like I said, the only reason I'd switch to Wordpress is the accessibility to all sorts of goodies. The interface is also really user-friendly as well. But I don't think that's enough to make me switch. Besides, Blogger is always working on getting better. Good enough for me!