Went to see Maroon 5!

August 20, 2010

So, this isn’t quite fashion, but I do highly regard music as art. Let’s just consider this a bit of an inspirational post. In fact, I’ll include some relevant art to make it even better.

I have loved Maroon 5 for about 6 years, and tonight I was able to see them live for the second time. I like them so much, that it’s a little geeky. I kinda freaked out when they didn’t play “Sunday Morning” and “Makes Me Wonder” because I know that they play their previous set, just with newer songs added on. They waved and walked off of stage, and I was like, “…something is missing.” They were just tricking us, and those were that last two songs that they played :)

Here are my photos from tonight! (I hate the person that forgets about the rest of the members of a band. I’m not one of those, as much as these pictures may say, otherwise. Adam was the most easily accessible for photos.):

I’d love to make you think I was this close, but, well. I was actually this close:

Even further, actually. This was with my zoom lens, haha.

I also got these shots, some accidental, some not– but still lovely!

When I was younger (10 or 11?), I used to be addicted to the radio. This was back when “Your Body Was a Wonderland” by John Mayer was really big. The song gave me some strong imagery that I didn’t illustrate until a couple of years ago.

Turns out, as I finished this, I realized that it was grossly similar to the Maroon 5 Songs About Jane album cover, and I hated myself. I don’t even like this anymore, but thought I should share with you anyone. Maybe one of you will like it enough for the both of us.

Songs About Jane by Maroon 5.

This is it for tonight. I’m sorry I didn’t get to make my “awesome posts” as I promised a couple of days back, but I ended up with my hands tied more than I thought they’d be. My sister’s Black Lab/Pit Bull puppy is a handful, and I have him until Tuesday while she’s out of town. I’m hoping that this weekend goes by really quickly, and that I can train him relatively easily with all the Animal Planet that I watch.

Anyway, I’m out! I’ll make my Friend Friday post tomorrow afternoon. Hope you enjoy this post! :)

Edit: Some videos from tonight!

“If I Ain’t Got You” by Alicia Keys covered by Maroon 5

“Sunday Morning” by Maroon 5 (My favorite!)

ash August 20, 2010 at 10:23 am

Adam! Arghh!!
never seen them live, lucky u girl ;)

Under the Fluorescents August 20, 2010 at 5:07 pm

some of those pictures actually turned out really cool! i love Maroon 5. This Love :)

Jen August 20, 2010 at 5:15 pm

I've never heard of this group before but you took great photos!

The Queen of Hearts August 21, 2010 at 1:09 am

I used to think he was beyond…hot and now? Not so much? Maybe its his whole "I've accepted how ridiculously good-looking I am and flaunt it in every music video." Not so much in love with that.

The Black Queen

Melanie Alexandra August 21, 2010 at 1:33 am

@Ash: Haha, Adam is one of the most beautiful men I have ever seen. & not so much luck, just eagerness for a show that won't let me down :)

@Under the Fluorescents: Thank you! This Love is one of my favorite songs to this day!

@Jen: YOU DON'T KNOW MAROON 5? Ahh! You're missing out girlll, go check them out ;) & thanks!

@The Queen of Hearts: I get where you're coming from. I used to be a little preteen completely in love with his looks, and practically worshiped their music videos because of how much they focused on him, but they certainly got old. I haven't seen one since "Sunday Morning" came out =P

Josephine August 22, 2010 at 2:58 pm

love seeing Maroon 5 in concert! They are awesome! Whenever I am down, their songs lift me right up!

Casee Marie August 24, 2010 at 2:03 am

SHUT UUUUP, I love your artwork. I love it enough for both of us and more. It's so pretty! You're crazy talented.

Your pictures came out great! And you have a really fantastic zoom on your camera, haha. I'm slightly jealous.

P.S. Thank you so much for all your adorable comments! They really made my day. :)