Went out with some friends tonight

August 18, 2010

I got to spend tonight at this Mexian restaurant called On the Border with my roommate for the fall, Maricela; her friend, Gaby; and Camille (who I met for the first time today after discovering each other on Chictopia and realizing we had mutual friends).

I brought my camera so I can get pictures, but I guess I’m still not in the habit of taking it out and going for it. We were so caught up in conversation. Even though we just sat down to talk and stuff our faces, I had so much fun.

This is what I wore:

AA top, UO lace tights, F21 boots, purse & belt.

While the outfit is really simple, it’s one of my favorites. I wear many alternates of it via different tights (or none!), various (usually black) shoes, and I have the top in navy, too. I feel like this shirt is one of my favorite purchases, especially since I’ve been wearing it consistently for like, 2 years.

This is an older photo I took while wearing it as a top. It’s one of the first outfit photos I ever took :)

This photo makes me want my hair straight. It’s gotten so much longer, but I kinda like the surprise of wearing it curly for several weeks in a row in order to see the difference when its straight.

Anyway, this was just a quick post for tonight! I’m hoping to have better posts tomorrow and Thursday. Thursday night, I’m seeing Maroon 5 live and I’m excited. It’s been about 2 years since I saw them last and I’m in withdrawal.

Under the Fluorescents August 18, 2010 at 7:36 am

that's so cool that you actually met someone of chictopia! hope you had fun :)

Casee Marie August 18, 2010 at 7:40 am

Oh wow, I love that top. The color looks really amazing on you! And I can totally relate to not taking pictures when you're out with friends. I will usually either be too caught up in what's going on and forget about it, or I'm just not confident enough to start snapping pictures. Silly.

Have fun at Maroon 5! That's so exciting.

Jen August 18, 2010 at 5:23 pm

I've been to On the Border a few times because have forgotten what their food tastes like – lol!

I really love your outfit! The color is fabulous!

Josephine August 19, 2010 at 1:25 am

You looked very pretty!

Kb August 19, 2010 at 9:49 pm

I love your hair, looks so thick. It's great that you have such versatile items; I love wearing dresses as dresses then tucking them into skirts or even shorts!

Kb from I Want You To Know

Melanie Alexandra August 21, 2010 at 1:38 am

@Under the Fluorescents: Haha, yeeeah. I love little coincidences like that! :)

@Casee: Thaaanks! And that's exactly my problem! Sometimes, I'm oddly camera-shy while behind the camera for being a photographer.

@Jen: Sounds like you are due for another visit! Lol. & thaaanks :)

@Josephine: Thank you very much! :)

@Kb: Lol, thank youuu. It's partially an illusion because of volume. And saaame! I do that with a couple of my dresses– even the shorts deal!