So…turns out I did get to go shopping.

August 15, 2010

And I got myself some clogs. Just not the pair that I expected. Read to the end to find out which ones!

After a bit of confusion, I actually did get to go out to Dadeland with my mom tonight. I thought she was working, but I had her schedule mixed up. So we drove up wo the mall, and this is what I wore:

AA Top & shorts, F21 earring turned necklace, Steve Madden oxfords, dollar store socks.

I don’t remember if I had the sleeves pushed up or not…so I took a photo of both. MOVING ON. We started out at Macy*s where I was checking the Free People clearance rack without any success. I found and bought a cute black pencil skirt by Kensie that I didn’t get a good picture of, so you’ll have to wait to see it in action.

Anyway, I anxiously approached JCPenney to see the Olsenboye clogs. It was the first shoe I saw.
I chasséd over to it.
I picked it up.
Held it to my face.
And then I hated it.
The “wood” looked like “wood”. Not wood. It was awfully synthetic and kinda put me in a bad mood. To cheer myself up, I went into Nordstrom and held the Jeffrey Campbell Charli-C’s, which I was totally geeking out about. I’ve never seen a JC shoe in person before, so I didn’t quite want to let go of it. But I had to.

From there, I headed back into Macy’s and found some Jessica Simpson clogs. They were nice, but I’m guessing they didn’t carry black, so I didn’t bother. The whole shoe section was a wreck since it’s Tax Free Weekend and all, so I was getting fed up and about to leave.

BUT THEN. Dolce Vita came to the rescue!

Jezabel by DV by Dolce Vita.

These beautiful things are now happily in my closet. They fit like a dream! And I got them for $60! They were marked the completely wrong shoe with the wrong sticker price, and since we actually had a previous sale with the associate, she gave it to us for that price! She even remember which shoes she sold me before: my lovely Marcianos!

Roxanne by Guess by Marciano

Anyway, here are some harem pants that I tried on as a joke in a little local store and actually liked, along with my new shoes. I’m digging this combo, actually.

I decided to try cropping my photos, and I hate it. I’m used to the usual dimensions. Also, it doesn’t help that when I take photos indoors, I get really lazy with my cameras settings and put everything on auto.

SO, what do you guys think of the new shoes? They’re my new favorite, hands down! After I get my newest additions in the mail on Friday, I’m done for a really long time– I promise!

I’m not sure if you’ve noticed, but almost every purchase I’ve shown you since starting the blog has been either black or grey. It has me feeling very Childhood Flames— a look that I NEVER thought I’d adopt.

I’m done for tonight. I have a feeling this post sounds really giddy, but I don’t even care. It’s 3am, and I just want to listen to music.

Speaking of which, tell me what you’re listening to these days! I’ve been attached to Circa Survive’s Blue Sky Noise & Harvard’s The Inevitable and I.

Thanks for reading! :)

jujmo August 15, 2010 at 7:17 am

awe those clogs are supa cute :D

Haidée August 15, 2010 at 4:55 pm
Style with Benefits August 15, 2010 at 5:06 pm

Your new DV clogs are fab! That's great that you got it for the low cost. I love the socks with the oxfords.. one of my fav looks.

And yes, my pink wedges are Dolce Vita Pela. Got mine on sale at Endless.com; you should check that site out to see if they have the ones in black. They are comfy. :)

xx, becs

Kb August 15, 2010 at 9:36 pm

I love this combo too; I tend to buy a lot of black and grey too as they're great base colours.

Kb from I Want You To Know

Casee Marie August 15, 2010 at 10:53 pm

Aw, I love the DV clogs. The peep-toe is brilliant. I'm kind of coveting them now, just so you know. And with the harem pants, that look is darling. I KNOW, I'm so stuck in the whole black/gray thing right now. It's kind of awkward because I totally have a whimsical Frenchie style most of the time – like Elsa B. – but now all these monochromatic things I'm buying are so Nylon Magazine and I'm having a slight fashion identity crisis. But that's okay!

I was completely stuck on Brandon Flowers's single "Crossfire" for the last couple of weeks. Broken Bells and Sia are always good, too. (:

Jen August 15, 2010 at 11:45 pm

I don't think I would wear them but I really like them on you! Who knows though, I'd have to try them on!

Btw, I like the top and necklace you're wearing! Very cute :)

Ashley August 16, 2010 at 12:49 am

Loving the clogs!! I bet you're going to have a lovely time styling them up, they are so cute!

xoxo, Ashley

Grit and Glamour August 16, 2010 at 1:15 am

Great choice! I love those clogs…you're going to get a lot of wear out of them, I'm sure.

Thanks for stopping by G&G!

? V

Melanie Alexandra August 16, 2010 at 7:44 am

Thanks for all the lovely comments everyone! :)

@jujmo: I know, they're perfect <3

@Haidee: Aww, I really appreciate that! Thank you <3

@Style With Benefits: Thanks! I found them and they are on sale. They're gorgeous, but I need to take a break on shoes right now, lol.

@KB: Aren't black & grey easy, yet really classy? It also makes it so that everything in my closet has the potential to match, haha.

@Casee: Thank you! Haha, head over to Macy*s and maybe you'll find the wrong sticker on a pair, too! & thanks for showing Elsa to me, her style is brilliant! It's fun, despite having some maturity to it. Monochrome is your friend! Embrace it :) Lol. & thanks for the music suggestion. I actually ran into Branden's song earlier today by chance, but didn't take a listen.

@Jen: Thank you :) They're brilliant, especially when they're on. They're surprisingly comfortable, but the height is a little scary (5.5 inches, I think?)

@Ashley: That's exactly what I'm waiting for. I can't wait to match them up with everything :)

@Grit and Glamour: Thank you so much! I'm thinking the same thing. & no problem! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

crazypig August 17, 2010 at 3:05 pm

Awesome outfit (and oxfords and just everything :D)! It fits you really well, you're so pretty ^^ I love your style ?

Hayley Golightly Style August 17, 2010 at 11:36 pm

Love the new shoes! What an amazing price as well! Also those harem pants are adorablee!

Kelly August 18, 2010 at 12:37 am

I like the clogs! It looks good. And I've been on the gray and black streak lately too. Trying to get back to wearing color.

<3 Kelly

Melanie Alexandra August 18, 2010 at 3:58 am

@Crazypig: Thanks so much! I really appreciate it :)

@Haley Golightly Style: I knoow, I love them so much and so proud of the price, haha. And thanks, I'm glad I decided to try them on!

@Kelly: Thank youuu. Haha, I've been doing little pops here and there, but when school starts this fall, I'm thinking I'll keep wearing blacks & greys so I don't look dirty after hours of art classes, lol.