My things came in the mail!

August 13, 2010

So the jacket and shoes that I ordered in the mail? Yeah, they came today, and I’m absolutely in love. The jacket will be perfect for cooler temperatures in Rhode Island. And the shoes are actually pretty insulated, as well. I certainly can’t wear the jacket now, but I’m going to start with the shoes, ASAP!

Forever 21 Leather Jacket/Boots; AA V-neck; Tilt Shorts

I’m very happy with my purchases! :) Forever 21 is really great with shipping. It’s always sent out within a few days, and makes it on my door step exactly one week from the day I ordered. Speaking of which, I should be getting a package next Friday…

I’ve been looking for a pair of black loafers, and I adore these. Also, look at the heel on those shoes! Lookin’ like a Miu Miu knock-off, right? I love the small dots so much!

I also ordered this skirt, since I had $6 leftover on my card.

I’ve been looking for a pair of clogs for so long, and finally settled on these from Olsenboye, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen’s line at JCPenney. I started looking around again, and I’m no longer sure. If I do get them it’d be tomorrow, but I just don’t know.

I think it’s that I’m used to wearing either really high or really flat shoes. This is just kinda in the middle. Which I suppose isn’t a bad thing since I’m moving to New England where hills actually exist (Miami is really, really flat). I’ll decide when I see them tomorrow, I suppose. They’re $34.99 and I have a $10 off coupon, so why not? Tell me how you feel about them, please? :’)

I’ve been writing this post on and off for hours. I suppose it’s about time I wrap it up. Thanks for reading, hope you enjoy!

Under the Fluorescents August 13, 2010 at 11:56 pm

i was looking at that skirt and those heels! i love them both, you should def get them

Melanie Alexandra August 14, 2010 at 12:06 am

They're on the way! I'm really excited. I think it'll be my best purchase in a while.

Casee Marie August 14, 2010 at 4:35 am

I love everything in this post! Those boots are gorgeous and the jacket fits you like a dream. I'm also really adoring the polka dot heels. They're so Miu Miu! I think the clogs are quite cute. I really love the heel on them. They're clog-like without being too clunky, if that makes any sense. (:

Amy August 14, 2010 at 5:42 pm

ahh wow i love your blog! but why do you order online at XXI? haha. and i love those clogs!! you should also check out the Jeff Campbell alexa clogs…i think miley cyrus has been sporting the same ones. they're practically chanel knock offs! i love them

Melanie Alexandra August 14, 2010 at 8:05 pm

Thanks Amy! :) I order online since they get different things to the stores. The three Forever 21 stores here in Miami are pretty limited and get things shipped in totally out of sync of when they appear online. I think you mean JC's Charli-C clogs (because I also love the Alexa Acne knock-offs), and I ADORE THEM, but I'm looking to spend WAY less money. One day, I'll be able to fork out over $100 for a pair of shoes. But, as long as I'm putting myself into $220,000 of debt, it's not going to happen for many, many years. Haha.

Melanie Alexandra August 14, 2010 at 9:00 pm

Oops, sorry! Missed you Casee!

Thaaanks! I'm actually completely satisfied with how the jacket fits, haha. I'm actually on the fence about hte heel! I would love a heel similar to Chanel's clogs- very vertical and geometric. These have a little angle at the back that I'm not to keen about. But I'll see about them when I finally get a look in person :)

Jen August 14, 2010 at 10:16 pm

Your new items are so lovely! I really like the boots! Oh, and I just saw those Miu Miu-ish heels on another blog right now. They're amazing but I'd never buy them. I don't think I could walk in them.

Great post!

Fashionably Black August 28, 2010 at 1:14 am

Melanie:

Love the black jacket. I think I need to get one myself this season. Also, don't forget to get some knee high boots and a cute pea coat for your time in Rhode Island. Love the blog.